Ecobank Ghana signs MoU with GhanaPost to drive government’s financial inclusion agenda | Business News



Ecobank Ghana and GhanaPost have signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) to deepen monetary inclusion and produce banking companies to many extra Ghanaians and drive the federal government agenda.

Beneath the deal, 100 GhanaPost retailers could be used as Ecobank Xpress Factors to cater for extra Ghanaians.

The programme will begin with an preliminary 78 retailers earlier than 22 extra are added.

Finally, the plan is to show all 360 GhanaPost retailers throughout the nation into monetary service and company banking hubs to deepen monetary inclusion.

Presently, about 68 per cent of Ghanaians have entry to monetary companies, leaving a 32 per cent hole to be bridged.

Mr Dan Sackey, Ecobank Ghana Managing Director and Kwaku Tabi Amponsah, Deputy MD of GhanaPost signed the MoU and witnessed it by Dr Eddy Botchwey and Kwesi Owusu-Abrokwa.

Commenting on the deal, Mr Sackey lauded the partnership between the 2 establishments, including there couldn’t be any higher accomplice for the rollout of the technique than GhanaPost due to the numerous retailers unfold throughout the nation to drive monetary inclusion.

The transfer, he mentioned, would make it simpler for Ghanaians in all places within the nation to have entry to ECOBANK’s digital monetary companies and GhanaPost offers the widespread presence for that to be attainable.

He mentioned prospects, particularly the underserved and unbanked inhabitants, would get to have sooner, safer and extra handy banking after they entry the GhanaPost ECOBANK Xpress Level.

In addition to, Ecobank would get to extend its presence throughout the nation extra cost-effectively, and in addition get to drive monetary inclusion.

“The decision to motion is to let all of us be part of palms collectively to deepen the monetary inclusion agenda throughout Ghana and Africa. On our half, we will proceed to do that in pursuit of the Ecobank imaginative and prescient of Constructing a Pan-African Banking Establishment that contributes to the Financial Growth and Monetary Integration of Africa,” Mr Sackey added.

Deputy Managing Director of GhanaPost, Kwaku Tabi Amponsah mentioned GhanaPost was working to extend income and such strategic collaborations in company banking have been crucial to that effort.

He mentioned such revolutionary partnerships would assist GhanaPost to be endowed with new competencies from their numerous banking and monetary service companions.

Based on him, the partnership with ECOBANK additionally places GhanaPost ready to assist drive Authorities’s monetary inclusion agenda even additional, including that it’s his agency perception that the partnership shall be for the long run.

The 2 establishments consider that their collaborative technique will go a great distance in serving to to bridge that hole.

As a part of the partnership, ECOBANK will advance GHS1 million to GhanaPost to transform their retailers into Ecobank Xpress Factors, the place they’ll supply some eight shopper banking companies, together with deposits, withdrawals, payments cost, remittance, and interbank transfers.

Presently, Ecobank Ghana has 67 branches, with 5000 plus Xpress Factors throughout the nation serving over 2.4 million prospects.




Disclaimer: Opinions expressed listed here are these of the writers and don’t mirror these of accepts no duty authorized or in any other case for his or her accuracy of content material. Please report any inappropriate content material to us, and we are going to consider it as a matter of precedence.

Featured Video



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here