Because the Russia-Ukraine struggle enters its 389th day, we check out the primary developments.
Right here is the state of affairs because it stands on Sunday, March 19, 2023:
- Ukrainian military says its forces outdoors the japanese metropolis of Bakhmut are managing to maintain Russian models at bay so ammunition, meals, tools and medicines will be delivered to defenders.
- Russia’s Wagner mercenary group plans to recruit some 30,000 new fighters by the center of Could, its founder Yevgeny Prigozhin mentioned.
- Russian assaults killed two folks and wounded 10 within the japanese Ukrainian metropolis of Kramatorsk on Saturday, a governor mentioned, accusing Moscow of utilizing cluster bombs within the assault.
- President Vladimir Putin has toured Mariupol, practically one yr after Moscow claimed to have captured the strategic port metropolis. That is the Russian chief’s first journey to the Donbas area because the starting of the Ukraine battle in February final yr.
- Putin went to Crimea on Saturday on an unannounced go to to mark the ninth anniversary of Moscow’s annexation of the peninsula from Ukraine.
- A deal permitting the protected Black Sea export of Ukrainian grain was renewed for at the very least 60 days – half the meant interval – after Russia warned any additional extension past mid-Could would rely upon the removing of some Western sanctions.
- Three senior US safety officers held a video name with a bunch of their Ukrainian counterparts to debate army assist to Kyiv, President Volodymyr Zelenskyy’s chief of employees mentioned.
- President Xi Jinping heads to Russia on Monday hoping to ship a breakthrough on Ukraine as China seeks to place itself as a peacemaker.