The ruling APC led by Tinubu has formally received the 2023 Presidential election of Nigeria whatever the poor efficiency of Buhari/Osinbajo’s Authorities characterised by:
1. Crumbling financial system
Excessive inflation fee of 21.82%, the very best since September 2005, Debt to GDP Ratio of 38.56% and weaker Naira Foreign money.
Nevertheless, it is very important submit that, the above indicators of the Nigerian Financial system are much better than Ghana’s personal presently.
We’re hopeful that Ghana’s present financial scenario will change for the higher earlier than the 2024 normal elections by the Grace of God.
2. Widespread insecurity throughout Nigeria.
There’s rising islamist insurgency within the North- East, Separatist assaults on Christians within the South-East and disaster of kidnapping throughout Nigeria.
3. Hovering costs of meals and excessive value of residing.
4. Common scarcity of gasoline, excessive costs of gasoline and irregular stream of electrical energy throughout the nation.
5. Scarcity of latest Naira notes. The Federal Authorities launched new banknotes for the primary time in additional than 20 years.
6. Corruption and its associated issues.
The Financial Administration Crew(EMT) of Buhari’s Authorities was Chaired by Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo and has the next members:
1. Minister of Finance
2. Minister of Finances and Nationwide Planning
3. Minister of State for Finances and Nationwide Planning
4. Minister of Business, Commerce and Funding
5. Minister of Agriculture
6. Minister of Info and Tradition
7. Governor of the Central Financial institution of Nigeria
8. Particular Adviser to the President on Financial Issues
9. Director-Basic of the Finances Workplace
10. Director-Basic of the Debt Administration Workplace
11. Director-Basic of the Nationwide Bureau of Statistics
The Financial Administration Crew has different sub-committees and all report back to the Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo who’s the Chairman of the Financial Administration Crew of Buhari’s Authorities.
Nevertheless, Tinubu the person extensively generally known as the godfather of Nigerian Politics was ready to make use of his affect, assets and authority to mobilize voters to vote for him. In case you rigorously analyze the info obtainable, certainly Tinubu received however APC misplaced within the 2023 Presidential election of Nigeria.
Tinubu has nurtured many abilities and he’s far forward of his compatriots relating to the politics of Nigeria. He was instrumental in getting Buhari elected as President in 2015 and 2019.
The outgoing Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo is likely one of the political sons of Tinubu. A number of Governors and Senators in Nigeria are the political sons of Tinubu as nicely.
Throughout the Presidential Primaries of All Progressives Congress, Tinubu polled 1, 271 votes to defeat 13 different Aspirants within the race together with the outgoing Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo who had solely 235 votes. Rotimi Amaechi got here shut inserting second with 316 Votes.
Spectacular Legacies of Tinubu
1. Tinubu and his Vice-Presidential candidate Shettima have been adjudged as one of the best performing Governors of their time with respect to Income Era for his or her respective States and the Federal Authorities.
2. Tinubu holds the Final Crown Unchallenged because the Grasp Mind behind the large improvement and modernization of Lagos State.
3. Tinubu is extensively recognized and accepted because the godfather of Nigerian Politics.
4. Tinubu is a Muslim married to a Christian Pastor and nearly all his Kids are Christians.
5. Tinubu is extensively regarded and acknowledged as one of many distinguished founding members behind the restoration of multi-party democracy to Nigeria in 1999.
Most individuals believed that Tinubu waited for much too lengthy earlier than ascending to the Presidency contemplating his huge contributions to Nigerian multi-party democracy since 1999.
Tinubu campaigned on the slogan, “It’s my flip” and at last he has received.
Among the Causes Why PDP, LP and NNPP Misplaced the 2023 Presidential Election
1. The bottom voter turnout. In accordance with the official outcomes, the voter turnout was solely 27%, the bottom and worst ever since 1999.
2. The exit of Olusegun Obasanjo and Goodluck Jonathan from PDP.
Obasanjo and Jonathan who have been Presidents on the ticket of PDP have respectively joined African Democratic Congress(ADC) and All Progressives Congress(APC).
3. The sharp division between Obasanjo and Atiku.
Obasanjo has constantly distanced Atiku who was his Vice-President from nearly all of the achievements of his Authorities between 1999-2007.
4. The sharp division between Atiku and Peter Obi.
Atiku and Obi contested the 2019 Presidential election of Nigeria on the ticket of PDP as Presidential candidate and Vice-Presidential candidate respectively.
5. Rabiu Kwankwaso, a Muslim from the North severely undermined the electoral fortunes of Atiku and PDP within the Northern a part of Nigeria.
Kwankwaso polled 6.23% of the votes and majority of those votes have been from the States within the Northern a part of Nigeria.
6. Lack of Unified Opposition
There was no unity amongst PDP, LP, NNPP and the opposite opposition events.
7. Earlier than the Presidential election, 3 out of the PDP Governors have been at loggerheads with Atiku.
8. The All Progressives Congress(APC) was having a strong political structure on the bottom. Earlier than the Presidential election, the All Progressives Congress has 21 Governors, PDP has 14 Governors, APGA has 1 Governor and Peter Obi’s Labour Celebration has none.
As such, with unity and a single goal of retaining energy, the ruling Celebration was capable of mobilize sufficient assets to affect the result of the Presidential election.
9. The Muslim and ethnic background of Tinubu(Yoruba which constituted 21% of the Nigerian Inhabitants), the Muslim and ethnic background of Shettima(Kanuri, which constituted 4% of the Nigerian inhabitants), the Muslim and ethnic background of Buhari(Fulani, which along with Hausa constituted 29% of the Nigerian inhabitants).
Collectively, the three of them, Tinubu, Shettima and Buhari are a part of the 54% Ethnic Dominance of Nigeria(21% Yoruba, 29% Fulani/Hausa and 4% Kanuri).
In African Politics, Faith and Tribe performs very important position within the alternative of the Voters in response to literature.
Buhari and Shettima coming from dominant tribes within the Northern a part of Nigeria decisively neutralized and diminishes the affect of Atiku, Kwankwaso and others within the Northern a part of Nigeria.
10. Tinubu, Shettima and Buhari have been capable of make some States within the Northern a part of Nigeria as Legacy States of the ruling Authorities and these States have been no go space for any opposition political occasion.
11. Buhari carried out poorly in Authorities however one factor you can not take away from him was that, he was good at resourcing the Grassroots and footsoldiers of the ruling Celebration.
Supply: Razak Kojo Opoku
|Disclaimer: Opinions expressed listed below are these of the writers and don’t mirror these of Peacefmonline.com. Peacefmonline.com accepts no accountability authorized or in any other case for his or her accuracy of content material. Please report any inappropriate content material to us, and we’ll consider it as a matter of precedence.|